Your privacy and that of your students is important to us. During our pilot partnership,
Kindi ("we," "our," or "us") adheres to the following privacy and data protection protocols as it relates to how we use and share personal information collected by the Kindi mobile app, and any associated services (the "Service").
• We do not use personal information to market or advertise to you, teachers, or students, nor do we permit third parties to do so. The Kindi website and mobile app do not show advertising.
• We do not sell user personal information.
Information we collect from teachers ("Admin/s")
• When an Admin creates an account on Kindi, we ask you for certain information such as first name, last name, school email address, school name, password, class type, and country. We use this data to verify accounts and enable access to Admin features.
• When an Admin uploads content (text, images, PDFs, or any other kind of content) onto Kindi, the information contained in the content will be stored in Kindi for the purpose of providing the Service. Furthermore, content uploaded by Admins is only available to Admins and their student groups. Kindi is not liable for any copywrite or efficacy issues related to the content uploaded by Admins into the Service.
Information we collect from students ("Student/s")
• Admins provide consent for the collection of Student personal information required to create Student accounts on Kindi (first name, last name, student ID (optional)). We do not collect Student emails.
• When a Student uses the Service, some information may be automatically collected to help us understand how the Service is being used and how to improve the Service. For example, device type, the device identifier (UDID), the Open Device Identification Number (ODIN), date/time stamps for each visit, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider (ISP), are all collected for purposes of administering, tracking usage of, and improving the Service. We may store this information in log files.
Information we collect during sessions ("Session/s")
• We collect usage data related to learning behaviors on the Service. This includes collecting words that get highlighted during reading sessions, words that get added to a practice list, and the time length of sessions. Personal Student learning data is made available to Admins only, and may be anonymized to help guide further feature improvements on the Service.
• All sessions that take place on the Service are recorded for quality assurance purposes and are only accessible by Admins. Admins can delete recordings at any time. Recordings are not shared or utilized in any other way beyond the rights of Admins.
Information shared between users
• The content submitted into the Kindi app, such as PDFs, short stories, images and articles will be displayed in the Kindi app and will be accessible to all Students as administered and permitted by the Admin as well as partner classrooms.
• During Sessions, Student first names will be displayed so that they can see who they are paired with for their connected-learning activity.
Information storage and security
• Kindi utilizes Amazon Web Services data centers in Frankfurt, Germany for our information storage. Additionally, we use security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
• We store the information we collect for as long as you have an account, or for up to 30 days in our archives when you ask for data to be deleted or the pilot has been discontinued.
For any further questions on how we handle data and privacy, please email email@example.com.